A major disruption occurred at an intersection in Prince William County, Virginia, when a large snake entered an electrical panel and caused a power outage. According to a statement from the Prince William County Police Department, the incident happened on Monday at the junction of Prince William Parkway and Sudley Manor Drive.
Authorities reported that the snake's presence in the electrical panel was the cause of the power outage. Police officers and animal control officers collaborated to extract the snake from the panel and release it unharmed in the area.
Interestingly, the snake was so huge that it flipped a breaker switch, which led to the signal shutting down. However, officials have stated that no damage occurred inside the electrical box. Experts believe that the snake had been living in the box for some time due to molten skin found inside.
In the event of a power outage that affects traffic signals, the police advise drivers to treat the intersections as stop signs. This helps to ensure safety while driving through the affected areas.
It is important to note that wild snakes can be dangerous, and it is not advisable to approach them. Instead, it is best to call professionals who are trained to handle situations involving wild animals.
Overall, the incident serves as a reminder to the community to stay cautious while driving and take extra precautions, especially when dealing with unexpected events on the road.